Q: What is a dental implant?
A: A dental implant is the best replacement for missing teeth. An artificial tooth root is surgically embedded in your jaw to hold a permanent crown or a set of dentures.
Will dental implants change the way I eat and speak?
A: Implants are convenient to use. You can speak confidently because your teeth are securely anchored in place. No more slipping and sliding! You can also eat your favorite foods without feeling pain or discomfort.
Q: What is the lifespan of a dental implant?
A: You can rely on the durability of dental implants. Implants can last for many years; with proper care and maintenance, they can even last a lifetime.
Q: What are the advantages of dental implants?
A: There are several advantages:
• Improve your appearance. Dental implants look and feel like natural teeth. Missing teeth can cause your face to sag. Implants help retain the natural shape of your face.
• Speak with confidence. Removable dentures tend to slip while you speak or laugh. Since implants are fused with bone, your teeth will not fall from your mouth.
• Eat the foods you love. You can eat your favorite foods without feeling any discomfort.
• Prevent low bone density. Dental implants are the only dental solution that preserves and stimulates natural bone.
• Protect healthy teeth. Implants prevent existing teeth from shifting or moving into the gap left by missing teeth.
• Boost your self-confidence. Smile confidently without having to worry about losing your artificial teeth.
Q: Who are good candidates for dental implants?
A: Implants are recommended for people with good jawbone volume and quality. You must also be in good overall health.
Q: Where can I get dental implants?
A: Your Santa Cruz implant dentist offers conventional dental implants, mini implants, All on Four and All on Six to replace missing teeth. Set an appointment today!